German troops leaving Greece on September 9, 1944 destroyed the bridge that existed. For the next 26 years (1947-1973) the railway link between Corinth and Tripoli at this point was served by a temporary bypass. In particular, after the bridge was blown up, the line entered the ravine, where the train was located. This detour was called “Sirtis”.
This bypass marked an entire era and was a landscape of the area of Achladokampos for several years until the construction of the new bridge, which was completed in 1974.
At an altitude of 295 meters and at the location “Paliochano” is the railway station of the village, at the 84th km of the Nafplio – Kalamata mill line. The station is about 1.5km from the village. Today’s generation but mainly passers-by and several who have passed by train from our area are wondering why the station of such a large village was built so far from the settlement. The reason is that the railway line was still at a low altitude, constantly rising towards Tripoli.
A chapel under the plane trees and around a small pine forest, ideal for excursions with company, with a small spring and concrete tables to enjoy a special picnic in the countryside.
At the southeastern foothills of Artemisios mountain on the slope “Chtenia” and 5km northwest of Achladokampos, near the border of the prefectures of Argolida and Arcadia and at a distance of about 300m from the new road, is the cave and the church of Agia Trinity Achladokambou. Now this cave is inside the church, because the church of Agia Triada was built at the entrance of the cave.
Higher of the village is a wind farm with about 20 wind turbines. You can climb to the top there to see the village from above, the plain, the surrounding area to Tripoli and almost the entire Argolic gulf. Near the wind farm is Profitis Ilias, an ideal place to protect yourself from rain or heat under some wild pears.
In a remote settlement of the village, almost abandoned, is the Church of Agia Paraskevi, as well as the Holy Monastery of Unclean Anthem.
Access by car and dirt road…
Opposite the village descending towards Andritsa is the cave of Pinikovi. This cave is located at the foot of the Parthenon mountains, in an idyllic landscape, and has been named after the source of Pana.
The Castle of Mouchli is located on the boundaries of the prefectures of Arcadia and Argolida, about 15km east of Tripoli, between the current settlements of Achladokambos and Agiorgitika. It has been built on the top and western and southern slopes of the hill (914m) of the northern side of the Parthenon mountains (1215m) and south of Mount Ktenias (1598m).
Muhli was a medieval town surrounded by a castle, whose ruins are preserved. The castle and town were built around 1294 or 1295 after the Fall of Nickel by the Byzantine general Andronikos Assan and protected the medieval town of Muhli that existed there before the Frankish occupation. At that time there were the borders of the Principality of Achaia and despotate of Mystras. Its name is believed to come from the depletion of Nikli or from the church of Panagia Mouchliotissa where its remains are preserved today. The settlement is known by written sources as early as the late 13th century, a period during which Muhli was transformed into a powerful castle town (1296). Since the 14th century it was the most important city of the central Peloponnese, the seat of the Byzantine lords of Arcadia. Thanks to its strategic position, he controlled the roads leading from Argos and Nafplio, Corinth, Skorta and Messinia, was the north control point of Mystras and prevented the union of the eastern and western acquisitions of the Franks. It was conquered by the Turks in 1458 and has since become a major military base until 1469, when it is recorded as damaged. After the Turkish conquest, Muhli was gradually abandoned by its inhabitants, who began to settle lower in smaller settlements in the most fertile lowlands.
On the mountain range of Ktenias and at an altitude of 1597 meters there is a cluster of centuries-old trees, the itamines. According to Pausanias, according to Pausanias, the remains of an old forest, dedicated to the goddess Artemis. The itamos tree or tree of death is poisonous, it grows very slowly and its leaves are the most poisonous part of it. It’s just his wrists. According to Dioscuridis the plant transmits poisonous vapours and anyone who sleeps under itamos can die Artemis used poisoned arrows from itamos and with them killed the children of Niobe who boasted about her luxury in relation to Lito. Artemis was also worshipped in a temple that was in the forest of itamus. Itamos was also dedicated to erinies, the yesterdayn deities of vengeance that punished human disrespect with the poison of this tree Itamos is considered perhaps the longest-lived tree in Europe, as his age can exceed 2000 years.
Within the ravine that unites the village over and here, the church of Agia Kyriaki has been there for at least 200 years… The Church of Agia Kyriaki Achladokamou is a remarkable historical monument of the region, because it was built during the last years of the Turkish occupation, in order to serve the religious needs of the ever-growing families of the village and below from certain conditions and concessions of the Turkish commander, as evidenced by legends and local traditions.
The village’s parish church, before 1814, apparently, was the church of Agios Georgios, built before 1700, at the same time as the collapse of the surrounding settlements in a village, with renovation every now and then, due to the sedimentation of the soil, at the top of the so-called “Beyond village”, about a hundred meters west of today’s homonymous chapel, where in a relative dent ruins are preserved.
@ 2018 Δημοτικός Ξενώνας Αχλαδοκάμπου-Παράρτημα της Αργώ Α.Ε.